(In response to press inquiries on the COVID 19 rush to vaccine.)
Your Health Freedom is mainly concerned with freedom of choice. We oppose any mandated health intervention.
- No medical intervention should ever be mandated. For every medical procedure there should be informed consent. “Informed” meaning that the patient must be provided with all information on possible benefits and drawbacks of the intervention, and “consent” meaning that the patient has the option to decline to participate, without any form of penalty or retribution.
- All medical interventions, by definition, involve risk. That is why there must be consent.
We have the following specific concerns with fast-tracking vaccines.
- We are focusing on the wrong interventions. People with healthy immune systems seem to manage this illness quite well. Where is the focus, in the media and medical communities, on improving immune function to help save lives? We should be doing more research and education on prophylactic and therapeutic treatments that support immune function in general–sound nutrition, sleep, exercise, exposure to sunlight. Let’s give people simple, inexpensive, accessible tools to defend themselves against serious illness.
- There are inherent dangers to fast-tracking vaccines. Just in the past few weeks, vaccine proponents Dr. Paul Offit, Dr. Peter Hotez, Dr. Anthony Fauci, along with many other scientists and medical professionals, have—repeatedly—warned against rushing a vaccine. They warn that it may not work, and that it may actually make the reaction to the virus worse (pathogenic priming). (*See a sampling of statements below.)
- The Moderna vaccine has skipped both animal testing and proper Phase II trials.
- The Phase I Moderna antibody production excitement is based on only 8 participants in the trial. Do we know what the antibody levels are–a lot or a little? Do we know what antibody presence means for immunity? Do we know whether people were exposed to COVID19 prior to being included in the trial, and already had antibodies? (We don’t.)
- The Oxford vaccine is not as effective as first thought and monkeys vaccinated became asymptomatic spreaders.
- Corona virus vaccines have a terrible track record for both safety and efficacy.
- Returns to work and school in some areas are being delayed “until there is a vaccine.” In order to keep people mentally and physically healthy–and alive–we need to get the economy to get back on track now. The majority of the population should be interacting with each other. We can safeguard the most vulnerable, while proactively boosting immunity and using existing therapeutics with those who become infected. This will create natural herd immunity, which will then protect the most vulnerable, and allow our economy to begin recovery, so we can feed and care for our families.
*A sampling of statements on the dangers of rushing vaccines.
- “All previous attempts at creating a Corona Virus vaccine have failed. They resulted in the recipient of the vaccine getting sicker when exposed to the wild virus, vs the control group. They are fast-tracking the Corona Virus vaccine, and the makers of the vaccine have no liability if you get injured from it.” –Chris Ruttan (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22536382/)
- “I understand the importance of accelerating timelines for vaccines in general, but from everything I know, this is not the vaccine to be doing it with,” Dr Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, told Reuters. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccines-insight-idUSKBN20Y1GZ
- “We have never in the history of humanity, created a successful vaccine against ANY Corona virus. The original SARS vaccine trial from after the 2002-2003 Asia outbreak was unsuccessful because it killed too many people to be acceptable in a vaccine trial.” — Dr. Ryan Cole, M.D., FCAP, Board Certified Anatomic/Clinical Pathologist, Mayo Clinic Trained
- Dr. Emily Erbelding, an infectious disease expert at NIAID — which is part of the National Institutes of Health — said the typical vaccine takes between eight and 10 years to develop. While she is careful not to contradict her boss’s timeline — although she did say “18 months would be about as fast as I think we can go” — she acknowledged that the accelerated pace will involve “not looking at all the data.”
- “Remember: You’re giving this vaccine, likely, to healthy people — who are not the people typically who are dying from this infection,” he said. “So you better make sure that you are holding it to a high standard of safety.” -Paul Offit https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/us/coronavirus-vaccine-timetable-concerns-experts-invs/index.html
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, in the COVID 19 U.S. Senate hearing on Wednesday, Dr. Anthony Fauci said, quote, “we will be producing vaccine at risk, which means we will be investigating [his word] considerable resources in developing doses, even before we know any given candidate or candidates will work.” He goes on, “I must warn that there is also the possibility of negative consequences, where certain vaccines can actually enhance the negative effect of the infection. The big unknown is efficacy. Will it be present or absent, and how durable will it be?”
Thank you for so much excellent information. Let’s hope and pray people will listen. Would you like me to send you my files on the subject just in case I have something you don’t?